A good skincare routine should consist of regular cleansing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing. That will keep your skin looking clear and healthy, reducing blemishes as much as possible. However, sometimes you need professional treatments in order to get it looking its best. When you’re looking for such a treatment, you may be confused by the abundance of misinformation that’s out there. Here are the most common misconceptions you’ll come across.
Facial Treatment Myths Debunked
Read on to find out the truth about the different facial treatments you can get in Midtown Toronto.
- Vitamin E Reduces Scarring – Vitamin E is a nourishing anti-oxidant which is used in various skin treatments. It’s widely used for its ability to build and replenish the skin. However, some treatments claim that it is also able to reduce scarring. Unfortunately, this isn’t true. To reduce or eliminate scarring, laser treatments are usually the most effective method.
- Creams Can Be Used to Replace Collagen – Collagen is the structural protein that gives skin its firmness and elasticity. It depletes over time, causing skin to sag and wrinkle. As women age, they often seek to replenish this collagen using anti-aging creams. While some of these creams do contain collagen, simply applying it topically won’t have the required benefits. Instead, collagen needs to be administered through clinical treatments, such as injections.
- When Using Micro Needling, Bleeding is a Good Sign –During this process, tiny needles puncture the top layer of the skin in order to trigger collagen and elastin production. It’s normal for some bleeding to occur during micro needling. However, it shouldn’t be excessive. More bleeding won’t increase collagen induction or give better results. In fact, all it will do is increase your recovery time.
- The Best Treatments are Pain-Free – Ideally, all treatments would be pain-free. However, when you’re looking to achieve the best results, enduring a little discomfort is part of the process. To keep it at a minimum, only visit clinics staffed by qualified and experienced beauticians and technical specialists.
- Regular Treatments are Always Required – The amount and frequency of treatments you should book will depend on what type of treatment you’re having, as well as your specific skin issues. Of course, severe acne and significant scarring will require a longer, more intensive treatment program. However, some treatments can be given once every few months, or even once a year.
- Antioxidants Reverse Wrinkles – Antioxidants have lots of benefits for the skin. They limit the production of free radicals, therefore preventing damage to skin cells and keeping skin looking healthier and younger for longer. However, claims that they can eliminate wrinkles that have already developed are false.
Where to get a Great Facial Treatment in Midtown Toronto
Urb Organic spa offers facials, micro needling, non-surgical face lifts, peels, and oxygen infusion therapy. These treatments will give your skin a healthy glow, reversing damage and restoring it to its natural beauty. To book yourself a facial treatment in Midtown Toronto, call us on 647-344-7451.