Lots of women are trying to fight the signs of aging and turn back the clock on their skin. If you’re looking to reduce fine lines are wrinkles, there are lots of different ways to do so. In this article, we’ll go through the different options available, from clinical procedures like botox and fillers to spa treatments such as anti-aging facials in Toronto. Read on to find out which one is right for you.
The Different Anti-Aging Treatments on the Market
Here are all the ways you can achieve smoother, younger looking skin.
- Botox – Botox involves injecting the skin with toxins in order to block signals from the nerves to the muscles. As a result, muscle contractions are limited, and the appearance of wrinkles decreases. This is most commonly used to eliminate forehead lines and crow’s feet.
- Chemical Peels – There are three types of chemical peels, but the one that is most suited for anti-aging is called a phenol peel. During this process, an acidic solution is used to peel away dead skin cells, leaving healthy, rejuvenated skin behind. However, in some cases, skin may become lightened as a result of the peel.
- Anti-Aging Creams – Drug stores are filled with expensive over-the-counter creams, which claim to reduce the signs of aging. However, they are no substitute for spa or clinical treatments, and generally have very little effect.
- Microdermabrasion – This method is similar to an intensive facial exfoliation. A metal wand is used to scrub away dead skin cells and vacuum them away from the face. Results are temporary and can last up to three weeks. Microdermabrasion is often used as a way to prepare the skin for a chemical peel.
- Fillers – Dermal fillers are injected into the skin to replicate the effects of collagen, filling in and lifting certain areas of the face. Results last from six months to a year, after which top-up injections are required.
- Laser Resurfacing – This treatment reduces wrinkles and tightens the skin by using pulsating beams of light from a CO2 laser. This is a very precise way of targeting specific areas of skin and removing them layer by layer. As the outer layer of skin is removed, the underlying layer is heated. This stimulates the production of collagen, allowing new skin to grow. Treatments are costly, and multiple sessions are often required to achieve the desired results.
- Facials – Toronto Anti-aging facials use products that slow the aging process by brightening the skin, evening out the tone, and restoring a youthful complexion. As well as making the skin look younger, they are also calming and relaxing treatments, often including massages.
Get the Best Anti-Aging Facial in Toronto
At Urb Organic Spa, we offer a range of calming and beautifying treatments using luxurious, all-organic products. This includes our anti-aging facial, which nourishes and hydrates skin to reduce wrinkles. It also includes a massage for the scalp, hands and feet. Book an appointment and you can enjoy one of these tranquil treatments for yourself.