It’s our face that defines us. Our face that identifies us. Our face that communicates our thoughts, moods and feelings. The face is also the part of the body that takes the most abuse from Mother Nature as it’s one of the few parts of the body that is exposed to the elements for most, if not all, of our life. Because the face is so important and because it’s also the recipient of nature’s worst it needs to be properly taken care of in order to avoid it sinking into disrepair. While diet and things like sunscreens are important aspects of skin maintenance facial treatments also play a key role in keeping the face healthy and vibrant.
Leading Edge Facial Treatment in Midtown Toronto
While dermatologists and estheticians agree on the value of facial treatments there is no consensus regarding which type of treatment is best. It really comes down to the individual characteristics of a person’s skin. Below is a list of various popular facial treatments and what each brings to the table.
- Exfoliating scrub: Chances are you know something about the value of exfoliation where dead skin cells are removed so that new, healthy ones can emerge. When done by a professional exfoliation can reach deeper into the skin than most home treatments because the esthetician is properly trained and knows when to pull back before causing irritation.
- Peels: Peels are a type of exfoliation that will provide the highest level of cleansing while minimizing troublesome blemishes and reducing acne. Be aware however, that different types of skin require different types of peels. For example, if your skin is unusually dry you may want to opt for a pumpkin peel while oily skin may require something more intensive.
- Masks: Masks are typically applied after exfoliation to aid in toning. Clay masks have been popular since the days of Cleopatra and remain a reliable means of detoxifying the skin and removing excess oil. The AFA gel and clay peel facial treatment in midtown Toronto at Urb Organic Spa will restore natural balance and tone to your skin.
- Serums: Serums help reduce fine lines, promote elasticity and restore skin to its youthful, taut appearance. They do this by helping to keep the skin properly hydrated and the skin cells properly nourished. Serums have also shown an ability to minimize fine lines and prevent the formation of wrinkles.
- Extraction: If you’re like most women you likely spend time in front of the mirror on search and destroy missions for blackheads. While this is understandable it should be remembered that the method you use to extract them will influence if and how they return and what marks (if any) they’ll leave. Professional extraction utilizes best practices to remove blackheads without causing infections or scarring.
The professional estheticians at Urb Organic Spa provide the most comprehensive and effective facial treatment in midtown Toronto. Call us on 647-344-7451 to make an appointment and learn more about the many benefits of having a first-class facial treatment in midtown Toronto.